Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Substitute Camp Counselor
| Bright Horizons Children's Centers|
United States, California, Manhattan Beach
|July 06, 2022|
We're the people who pioneered self-directed summer camps while introducing the most flexible and fair attendance system in the industry, way back in 1980. At Steve & Kate's, kids decide what to do and where they do it, giving them the confidence to risk, fail, rise, and develop a deep trust in their instincts and capabilities. We are now a part of the Bright Horizons Family.
Steve & Kate's Summer Camp is an 8 to 10 week program, running from June to August. Substitute Counselors work as needed, with shifts Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 AM and 6 PM. Part-time training for certain positions may begin in May.
At Steve & Kate's, we put kids in the driver's seat, and counselors come along for the ride. Campers choose minute-to-minute how to spend their time because making decisions today helps to build the self-confidence they'll need to wrangle unknowns tomorrow. As a Steve & Kate's staff member, you'll sharpen your inherent leadership skills and do meaningful work, all while immersing yourself in creativity and play.
Staff members will be paired up and responsible for a group of 10-15 campers consisting of siblings, friends, and kids of similar ages whenever possible. These groups will stay the same for a week at a time, or at some camp locations, for the entire session -- think of each as a "mini-camp" within a larger camp.
Each group will have its own indoor space and set of equipment, allowing campers to immerse themselves in activities of interest individually or with the group. Stop Motion Animation, sewing, crochet, drawing, games, and blocks are just some of the activities at the fingertips of our campers. If the weather and facility allow, groups will also have time to be outdoors to engage in free play, athletics, and outrageous recreational equipment like mini-golf, laser tag, or bounce houses.
* Actively supervising campers
* Ensure compliance with Camp Policies
* Reporting & Recording details of notable concerns or incidents, and of injuries to campers, other staff members, or self
* Keeping track and being aware of camper allergies and dietary restrictions
How do you know if you're the right candidate?
* Does the idea of guiding kids while they make decisions for themselves excite you?
* Are you comfortable leading groups of kids on your own while still collaborating with a team?
* Do you have the stamina to keep up (literally) with 4-12 year old's bursting with energy and creative potential? And, can you bench press a kindergartener (just kidding -- can you lift up to 40lbs)?
* At least 16 years of age
* Minimum of 2 months experience working with camp - age children, with 1 year preferred, in either a professional, personal or volunteer setting.
* First Aid & CPR certified prior to Day 1 of Camp (some locations may require additional certifications)
* Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to ensure compliance with enhanced health and safety protocols and to keep themselves and others safe and free from illness
Company: Steve & Kate's Camp
HAVING TECHNICAL ISSUES WITH YOUR APPLICATION?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-877-6866
Bright Horizons is dedicated to creating a workforce that promotes and supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination. Bright Horizons complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO - English and EEO - Spanish along with information on the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the recruitment helpdesk at 855-877-6866 or . Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.