Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 0 years of relevant experience.
Responsibilities for this Position
Department of Defense security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Information Assurance Professional. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Identifies and validates security controls as it relates to the Risk Management Framework and DFARS security assessment requirements.
- Researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures
- Maintains hardware, software and network documentation
- Validates security compliance on computer Information Systems
- Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems
- Individuals whose primary focus is on developing, testing, debugging and deploying code or processing routines that support security protocols for an established system or systems
- Applies current computer science technologies to the design, development, evaluation, and integration of computer systems and networks to maintain system security
- Provides security engineering and integration services to customers.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, electronic data traffic and network access
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Very solid knowledge of NIST SP 800-171 and Risk Managemetn Framework (RMF)
- Continuous monitoring activities as it relates to ISSO tasks
- Skill in discerning the protection needs (i.e., security controls) of information systems and networks
- Very solid knowledge of the methods, standards, and approaches for describing, analyzing, and documenting an organization's enterprise security requirements
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Fully proficient and able to perform all responsibilities associated with the position
- Grasps and applies new information quickly and handles more complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- This is the intermediate level in a field of specialization
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments
- May provide work direction to other employees; lacks authority to discipline or reward
Target salary range: USD $88,106.00/Yr. - USD $97,000.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world's most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what's possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran