Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required plus a minimum of 8 years relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Responsibilities for this Position
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable amount of time after hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That's the opportunity that's waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation's heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It's an amazing challenge. And it's waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As the Supply Chain Program Manager, you'll lead the supply chain efforts, accountable for supplier performance in meeting the cost, schedule and technical needs of our business. Working directly with management to address all aspects of supply chain management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability, you'll support proposal activities with innovative solutions to meet program needs and requirements. This will require building productive internal/external working relationships to coordinate purchasing activities to acquire products and services in the most cost effective and timely manner. In addition, you'll review and analyze purchase requisitions, develop new supply sources, and continually recommend cost saving proposals or alternative sources.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Overall responsibility for SCM performance through the program/product lifecycle; acts as liaison between Programs team, functional areas, and suppliers; builds positive relationships; prepares and presents supply chain status to leadership
- Works with and develops sourcing strategy for all goods and services required by the program
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major program roles; works with Commodity Managers to identify new sources to meet business' current and future requirements
- Responsible for monitoring quality standards of suppliers to meet cost/schedule/technical performance and commitments to the business (OTD of quality products within allotted budget). Works with Quality Assurance for corrective actions as required
- Financial responsibility including forecasting, delivery and performance to budget aligned with business commitments to maximize the supply chain contribution to profit and loss (P&L)
- Leads Risk Management on Supplier efforts for the Line of Business. Works with buyers to creates risk mitigation plan and documented recovery efforts
- Responsible to lead Supply Chain efforts in "Design To Cost/ Design To Unit Production Cost" (DTC/DTUPC ) in collaboration with other functions to provide the highest quality at the best value
- Supports proposal activities with innovative solutions to meet the program needs and Formulates, approves, and implements SCM strategies to achieve the business needs (includes proposal kickoff, submittal, program kick-off meetings; Price to Win, and Design for Supply Chain)
- Supports Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) and Contract Terms and Conditions negotiations including company's patent and data rights for the products/commodities/services
- Helps resolved Accounts Payable (AP) holds on supplier payments General Dynamics Proprietary Information
- Participates with Commodity team for Supply Chain Material and Complex Procurement efforts, champion SCM initiatives and implement process improvements required to meet business objectives
- Works with the Commodity team regarding the reviews of contractual/supply chain documents for accuracy, performance risk, and compliance with contract terms, conditions, Cost or Pricing Data (COPD) and ensures suppliers meet the business objectives
- Works with the Commodity team on Supplier Negotiation Strategies, Cost Savings Measures, Risk/Opportunity Profiles, Strategic Levers and Material Release Plan in concert with the Program Plan
- Generates program/product procurement plan to support Manufacturing/Planning
- Coordinates program material needs as well as tracking and managing through receiving
- Demonstrated knowledge of products and technologies including current and potential applications
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced of risk and opportunity management techniques and ability to apply them to the program
What sets you apart:
- Superior attention to detail skills
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Professional acumen and general business awareness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to track work accomplished to baseline plans and identify issues, track progress, and follow through on effective corrective actions based on data analysis and trends
- Ability to understand and analyze suppliers' program financial data
- Skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions on Supply Chain efforts to internal and external representatives; outstanding relationship management skills
- Ability to evaluate quality of work product to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements
- Ability to lead/influence teams internally and externally
- Ability to develop and execute proposal plans and strategies
- Ability to apply advanced negotiation skills to solve internal, external and customer issues
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to implement business and supply chain strategies
- Ability to identify supplier partnership candidates best suited to fill product/program gaps
- Ability to manage/mentor others within program management discipline
- Working Knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Supplier 360, IFS, Power BI, all Supply Chain Systems and tools
- Minimum of 30% business travel
Target salary range: USD $135,774.80/Yr. - USD $146,912.60/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary. This job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we rise to the challenge each day to ensure the safety of those that lead, serve, and protect the world we live in. We do this by making the world's most advanced defense platforms even smarter. Our engineers redefine what's possible and our manufacturing team brings it to life, building the brains behind the brawn on submarines, ships, combat vehicles, aircraft, satellites, and other advanced systems.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work with this shared sense of purpose, committed to a diverse and exciting employee experience that drives innovation and creates a community where all feel welcome and a part of something amazing.
We offer highly competitive benefits and a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. To see more about our benefits, visit
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran