Post Doctoral Scholar
| University of Central Florida|
United States, Florida, Orlando
4000 Central Florida Boulevard (Show on map)
|November 24, 2023|
A position for a postdoctoral scientist is available immediately at the Health Sciences Campus at UCF College of Medicine, Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences in Orlando, FL. The position is supported in part by grant funds and the UCF Preeminent Postdoctoral Program, which targets outstanding scholars who are beginning their postdoctoral training.
The responsibilities for the Post-Doctoral Scholars include:
* Meet grant objectives on colon and breast cancer models
* Analyze protein biomarkers, tumor microenvironment, and treatment strategies
* Design and conduct research protocols, and evaluate findings
* Assist in the management and training of student scientists
* Assist with writing progress reports, presentation and publication of data, and in proposal writing
* Assist with ordering, recordkeeping and with general maintenance of the laboratory
Eligible to apply for travel funding up to $5,000 to attend a research conference.
* Ph. D. in a biomedical science discipline or equivalent
* Experience with handling rodents for animal studies is needed
* Experience with mammalian cell culture and molecular/cellular biology is needed
* Experience with cancer research is a plus
* Experience with signaling pathways and analysis is a plus
Additional Application Materials Required:
Please include in your application your current curriculum vitae, a short description of qualifications and career objectives, and the names and contact information for three reference with your application.
The selected candidate will be required to submit official transcripts (and, as applicable, U.S. degree equivalency evaluations) documenting the conferral of their qualifying academic credentials.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
Additional Requirements related to Research Positions
Pursuant to Florida State Statute 1010.35, prior to offering employment to certain individuals in research-related positions, UCF is required to conduct additional screening. Applicants subject to additional screening include any citizen of a foreign country who is not a permanent resident of the U.S., or who is a citizen or permanent resident but is affiliated with or has had at least 1 year of higher education, employment, or training in China, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, or Venezuela.
The additional screening requirements only apply to employment in research-related positions, including, but not limited to faculty positions (including employed visiting positions), graduate positions, individuals compensated by research grants or contract funds, postdoctoral scholar positions, and undergraduate positions.
DepartmentCollege of Medicine (COM) - Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences Dean's Office Operations
Type of AppointmentFixed Term (Fixed Term)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf.
As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.