Position: Youth Behavioral Health Specialist-Overnight
Salary: $17.00 - $21.00 hourly
(Starting salary depends on education, licensure, and years of experience)
Job Type: Full Time Overnight (11pm - 7am)
Oversees clients in daily activities while teaching new skills, ensuring safety, and managing behaviors. Plan activities, reinforce treatment plans and document all client related information.
- Responsible for direct supervision and safety of all clients.
- Responsible for proper behavior management of children through the use of behavior management techniques.
- Build healthy relationships with clients and be a role model of healthy behaviors
- Have a working knowledge of child's treatment plan and objectives and structures activities to support that plan.
- Responsible for creatively structuring activities for groups and conducting psycho-educational groups.
- May be responsible for medication administration and other medical support.
- Responsible for the reviewing/writing of all required documentation.
- Responsible for teaching, guiding, and assisting the client in daily life skills as appropriate for age.
- Provide 24 hour awake supervision.
- May assist classroom teacher in performing classroom duties.
- Ability to manage clients courteously and tactfully while on agency property.
Required Skills or Abilities
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to form professional relationships with internal and external clients.
- Required trainings as specified by the agency.
- Ability to serve as an appropriate role model for clients.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle insurance and insurable by agency carrier.
Youth Behavioral Health Specialist I
- Education Level: High school diploma
- Experience: The preferred candidate will have two years' experience working with children.
Youth Behavioral Health Specialist II
- Education Level: Bachelor's degree in social services, child development, or criminal justice
- Experience: The preferred candidate will have two years experience working with children.
- Ability to perform a range of physical motions including, but not limited to:
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Support and safely lower 150 pounds of weight to the floor
- Standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time
- Must be able to get up and down off the floor unassisted
- Must be able to reach above their heads, bend, kneel, and lift
- Running for brief periods of time
- Ability to use senses of sight and hearing to effectively supervise clients
- Must possess, or be willing to attain CPR, First Aid, and Safe Crisis Management (SCM) Training (with sufficient passing score) within 2 weeks of hire date.
BENEFITS: Cornerstones of Care offers a competitive benefits package, which includes: Paid Holiday, Paid Time Away (unlimited PTO for all benefit-eligible team members), medical/dental/vision; prescriptions; accident and critical illness insurance; pet insurance; short-term disability; long-term disability; term life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D); health savings account (HSA); flexible spending account (FSA); retirement (401K); employee assistance program (EAP); YMCA membership discounts; Tuition Reimbursement Program and Public Service Loan Forgiveness. To view a detailed Summary of Benefits please visit our website at and under the heading "About Us" click on "Join Our Team."
CORNERSTONES OF CARE'S ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENTS:
- Nonviolence-helping to build safety skills and a commitment to higher purpose
- Emotional Intelligence-helping to teach emotional management skills
- Social Learning-helping to build cognitive skills
- Open Communication-helping to overcome barriers to healthy communication, learn conflict management
- Democracy-helping to create civic skills of self-control, self-discipline, and administration of healthy authority
- Social Responsibility-helping to rebuild social connection skills, establish healthy attachment relationships
- Growth and Change-helping to work through loss and prepare for the future
Please contact: Cornerstones of Care, Human Resources Department
300 E. 36th Street, Kansas City, MO 64111
Phone: (816) 853-1942 Fax: (816) 508-1757
Like us on Facebook at:
Cornerstones of Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer