Office of the Provost
Administrative Director, Office of the Provost
This position is the main liaison between the internal and external
community and the office through the management of the Provost's calendar and
day-to-day activities. The incumbent must demonstrate excellent communication
and customer service skills with the ability to manage the high-demand schedule
of the Provost, while serving as a role model for what is expected by the units
under the supervision of the office.
This position provides high-level administrative support for the Office
of the Provost events. This position maintains a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality on all matters concerning the Provost, senior leadership, and University administration. The position is also responsible for managing various university level selection committees, and initiatives and organizations overseen by the office including, but not limited to, Master Teacher, Excellence in Teaching, and University Senate.
- Maintain the Provost's calendar including, but not limited to, scheduling meetings, preparing necessary background information, and coordinating any needs that may arise; ensuring the Provost is on time for appointments (starting and ending meetings as appropriate); being able to understand priorities and make well-informed, independent judgement calls on how best to manage competing needs for time. Will also assist in managing the calendar of the Chief of Staff.
- Assist in the planning and execution for of Provost Office events including, but not limited too, Faculty Achievement Celebration and Dana Knox/Advisory Board Day. This includes arranging awards, catering, media support, publications, and any other preparations associated with the events.
- Coordinate committees (including, but not limited to, Master Teacher, Excellence in Teaching, and University Senate), setting agendas, organizing guest speakers and logistics, and taking minutes as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the office including, but not limited to, the review and approval of leave reports for direct reports; organizing travel arrangements for the Provost and other invited guests as needed, and other tasks as requested by the Provost to support the mission of the office. Reconciles credit card expenditures monthly.
- Ensure the Provost is prepared for all appointments (ensuring a topic of discussion is known for all appointments, providing relevant pre-appointment reading materials, etc.).
- Serve as administrative support for meetings and strategic initiatives organized by the Provost including, but not limited to, taking minutes when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining office filing system, including upgrades and restructuring as appropriate. Oversees and monitors the office-wide email accounts and directs communications to the appropriate party or office. Follow-up as needed.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor.
- Provide support and guidance to the other administrative units under the Provost.
- Model best practices and expected behaviors for the entire Provost area.
- Bachelor's Degree - Prior experience serving as an administrative assistant or executive assistant for a senior level executive
- Prior experience in managing a calendar
- Experience working in higher education.
- Must be able to prioritize competing obligations and deadlines
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.