Sr. Software Engineer - Emulation
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale
Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys Inc. is looking for a full-time candidate to work on the industry's leading and fastest emulation system, Zebu Server, which offers the industry's largest design capacity, supporting SOC chips as large as 10 billion gates based FPGA technology. In Zebu emulation flow, the design under test is partitioned into multiple parts which are compiled into bit-streams that can be downloaded and run on an underlying FPGA in the emulation hardware.
Individuals that fill the position will work in a global multi-site team to design and develop the next generation emulation runtime software used in Zebu. The runtime software controls the emulators and provides interface for users to interact with the emulators. The responsibilities include innovating good ideas to solve challenging practical problems, developing a software program based on the selected innovative idea, and demonstrating the effectiveness of it by running benchmarking designs and comparing the results.
At Synopsys, we're at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we're powering it all with the world's most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
- MS/Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of software development experience in developing and testing large C/C++ applications in Linux environment.
- EDA knowledge preferred, especially in debugging tools and waveform analysis.
- Experience with Hardware and Software interfaces like memory mapping, DMA architecture, High speed FIFO.
- Experience with efficient algorithm and data structure design.
- Understanding of digital logic design, FPGA architecture, and hardware description language.
- Skillful in using script languages such as TCL, Python, Perl, Unix shell scripts.
- Desire to learn and explore unfamiliar concepts, tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Ability to coordinate discussions with other R&D teams.
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.