R&D Engineer, Sr Staff
USA - California - California, USA - Maryland - Columbia, USA - Massachusetts - Boston, USA - Massachusetts - Boxborough, USA - Massachusetts - Burlington, USA - Massachusetts - Marlboro, USA - Texas - Austin, USA - Texas - Dallas, USA - USA
Job Description and Requirements
The FPGA Synthesis department at Synopsys is looking for a senior software developer with proficiency in static timing analysis to be a part of the Protocompiler/Synplify team.
The candidate must be a proven technical leader who can lead the software development process. The ProtoCompiler and Synplify synthesis products deliver superior quality of results (QoR), turnaround time, and hierarchical flows for large FPGA designs. Our customers are designing implementation FPGAs as well as FPGAs for ASIC/SOC prototypes. Accurate and fast timing analysis is crucial to achieving optimal performance.
You conceive of new features, flows, and enhancements, and lead the development of specifications. You coordinate with the testing team, help resolve important customer issues, and coordinate development with other product development teams and with FPGA vendors. You mentor engineers, developing their technical abilities.
At Synopsys, we're at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we're powering it all with the world's most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
- BS in CS/EE with at least 5 years of relevant experience, MS with at least 2 years of relevant experience, or related Ph.D.
- Experience with timing analysis for logic synthesis for FPGAs or ASICs.
- Industrial experience in software development for CAD systems.
- Thorough familiarity with commercial software development.
- Experience developing software in C/C++, with a strong background in data structures and algorithm development.
- Skill/experience in developing highly scalable multi-threaded and distributed software
- Knowledge of placement and routing techniques is a plus.
- Ability to motivate engineers, to arbitrate between conflicting demands, and to deliver quality software on time.
- Knowledge of Xilinx or Intel FPGA technologies preferred.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.