R&D Engineer, Staff
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale, USA - California - San Diego, USA - Massachusetts - Marlboro, USA - Oregon - Hillsboro, USA - Texas - Austin
Job Description and Requirements
The FPGA Synthesis department at Synopsys is looking for a senior software developer who has a great understanding of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning techniques. You apply these techniques to improving clock frequencies, area utilization, and runtime. You improve correlation to Place & Route (P&R) results. You also create synthesis techniques for implementing CNN and other neural net designs. You are a committed technical contributor who can drive the software development process. The ProtoCompiler and Synplify synthesis products deliver superior quality of results (QoR), turnaround time, and hierarchical flows for large FPGA designs. Our customers are designing implementation FPGAs as well as FPGAs for ASIC/SOC prototypes.
You conceive of new features, flows, and enhancements, and contribute to the development of specifications. You coordinate with the testing team. You help resolve important customer issues. And you coordinate development with other product development teams and with FPGA vendors. You mentor engineers, developing their technical abilities.
At Synopsys, we're at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we're powering it all with the world's most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
- BS in CS/EE with at least 5 years of relevant experience, MS with at least 2 years of relevant experience, or related Ph.D.
- Experience with circuit synthesis for FPGAs or ASICs.
- Understanding of Xilinx or Intel FPGA technologies preferred.
- Experience applying AI/ML techniques to circuit design challenges.
- Industrial experience in software development for CAD systems.
- Thorough familiarity with commercial software development.
- Experience developing software in C/C++. With an excellent background in data structures and algorithm development.
- Skilled in developing highly scalable multi-threaded and distributed software.
- Understanding of placement and routing techniques is a plus.
- Ability to motivate engineers, to arbitrate between conflicting demands, and to deliver quality software on time.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips-faster. We're the world's leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance-eliminating months off their project schedules.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.