Tutor/TA - Talent Search Program
Director TRIO Programs
Under the Direction of the Trio Program Director and staff, the TA/Tutor will assist Program Instructors with the delivery of in-class instructional materials, as well as assist program participants with their adjustment to the program.
- To help facilitate classroom instruction to assist students with comprehending classroom work and instruction.
- Provide tutorial assistance in assigned study hall, assist with technical issues.
- Assist the program counselors with planning and evaluation of tutorial services.
- Inform the Program Director and other staff on matters regarding the progress of students enrolled in the program.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of all participants.
- Function as role models and assist staff with other program-related activities such as field trips, seminars, office work, etc.
- Must have a college degree or be enrolled in college making satisfactory academic progress.
- Should have a 2.5 or higher GPA.
- Must have the ability to relate to minority and disadvantaged high school students.
- Candidate must be available to attend training and orientation and must observe and enforce all of the program policies, rules and regulations.
- At the university's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.