Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Experience in a government contracting environment is strongly preferred. Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation is preferred.
Responsibilities for this Position
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, it's often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, it's waiting for you right now, right here.
What you'll experience:
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As an Advanced Program Finance Specialist, you'll prepare ad-hoc analyses to support contract and program analysis and special projects as assigned. Utilizing your arsenal of skills and talents, you'll review/approve purchase requisitions for budgeted expenses up to an authorized limit and ensure that expenses are applied correctly. You'll monitor and ensure ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and Earnings Rate Reviews are in compliance in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and GDMS policies, procedures and requirements. We'll rely on you to analyze financial performance for assigned program(s) to identify and report on risk and funding issues, engaging directly with senior level program management to understand financial performance and mitigate program and contractual risks.
What you bring to the table:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What sets you apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business equivalent plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Experience in a government contracting environment is strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of General Ledger Accounting, Rates and Compliance, and Cost Proposal functions
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion systems is strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Knowledge of Truth In Negotiations Act, Cost Accounting Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulation, General Dynamics policies and procedures, government accounting, Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Revenue Recognition ASC 606
- Outstanding time-management in order to meet multiple deadlines for various stakeholders
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
Target salary range: USD $83,000.00/Yr. - USD $89,900.00/Yr. This estimate represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors (geographic location, etc.). Actual pay may vary.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran