Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Electronic Technician KMI Lead
| Leidos Inc|
United States, Virginia, Virginia Beach
|October 05, 2022|
Leidos is seeking a Shipboard Lead to travel and work aboard ships at sea for extended periods (approximately 6 months), work rotating shifts, work in excess of 40-hours per week. There will down periods between rotations (approximately 3 months).
**Selected applicant can reside anywhere within the United States as long as he/she is flexible for deployments and travel.**
As a member of the IUSS/SURTASS team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Operation and maintenance of electronic equipment utilizing common and specialized tools in repair and maintenance of electro/mechanical equipment, test equipment, manufacturers' manuals, schematic diagrams and government procedures to operate and repair electro/mechanical equipment.
- Preparation of all required reports; assist higher level personnel in compiling data for reports, procedures and manuals and ensure proper maintenance of records and logs.
- Perform collateral duties in security, safety and logistics areas.
You will participate in Leidos and Government safety programs, as well as the deployment and retrieval of the array and all other special tasks related to SURTASS operations. This position will require close cooperation and working relationships with active duty military and other Government personnel.
Berthing arrangements on board T-AGOS vessels will require sharing staterooms and other facilities. Position requires the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and the successful candidate must be capable of passing a Mariner's Physical per COMSCINST 6000.l.c and maintain their medical fitness for this position.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience.
- KMI Certification or equivalent or specific experience in EKMS/COMSEC and KMI management
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1 year of experience.
- Previous electronics repair and maintenance experience.
- Individuals must possess the ability and demeanor to share common spaces over lengthy deployment periods and work closely with others in a small working area and in a shipboard environment.
- Selected applicant must be proficient with personal computers and have a familiarity with operational and maintenance publications.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Obtain valid U.S. passport in an expeditious manner, have the ability to travel, successfully complete and pass a pre-employment drug screening, and have the ability to obtain and maintain company provided travel charge cards.
- Must have successfully completed a class C military electronics repair school and/or have a degree in electronics/information technology.
- Must be capable of passing a Mariner's Physical per COMSCINST 6000.l.c and maintain their medical fitness for this position.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Final Secret required to start and ability to obtain a Top Secret.
Security+ or Network+ or A+ certifications
- SURTASS program training is highly desired
- Familiarity and knowledge of UNIX
External Referral EligiblePay Range:Pay Range $42,250.00 - $65,000.00 - $87,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.