Join our growing team! Eisner Amper is looking for a Accountant to join our Family Office Services team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is client service oriented, creative and tech savvy.
You will provide outsourced accounting and Controller services for a variety of clients with a focus on high-net-worth individuals and families, their personal businesses, joint ventures, and investments.
The Accountant continues the development of their technical knowledge and ability to handle multiple assignments in preparing for advancement in the Firm and the community. You will be responsible for the daily progress of each engagement and have an increasing number of clients assigned over time. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, ability to meet deadlines, client service and budgets.
- The Accountant manages day to day accounting services to assigned clients. This includes, but is not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, processing and posting payroll, posting of journal entries, research and corrects account discrepancies, communicates with vendors and other related functions. The scope of service will vary depending upon the engagement.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in the monthly closing of the books and the preparation of internal financial statements.
- Work with different clients at the same time / Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize non-routine accounting, investment and tax issues and, after research, suggest solutions.
- Maintain client files / supporting documentation.
- Assist others with projects.
Basic Qualifications for the Opportunity
- Bachelor's degree or another discipline with college-level coursework in accounting is preferred.
- 2+ years of accounting and/or bookkeeping including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Familiarity with accounting systems including Quick Books, Xero, Bill.com, Expensify. Certified Quick Books Online and Xero advisors preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Ability to work with and develop team members in-person and remotely.
- Team player with strong communication and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Reliable high-speed internet connection capable of remote work and video conferencing.
- CPA/CPA eligible preferred, but not required.