USA - Massachusetts - Boston, USA - Massachusetts - Boxborough, USA - Massachusetts - Burlington, USA - Massachusetts - Marlboro, USA - New Jersey - Newark, USA - New York - New York City, USA - New York - Ossining
Job Description and Requirements
We're looking for ethical hackers. Our Security Consultants conduct security engagements alone or in a small team to analyze target systems, penetrate defenses, and exploit vulnerabilities. They think creatively about complex problems and communicate solutions to our clients in an easy to understand and meaningful way.
Synopsys thrives on learning. Our consultants are exposed to a wide variety of technologies, attack techniques, and security countermeasures. They are assigned an industry-leading expert as a mentor, learn from their peers in a knowledge-rich environment, and share their own expertise with junior members of the team. We're looking for people who want to accelerate their careers and make a strong impact on our team and our clients.
You're not expected to have all these skills on day 1, but here are some of the things you might get to work on while you're here:
Qualifications and Experience
- Application Penetration Testing
- Source Code Analysis
- Mobile App Security
- Threat Modeling
- Secure Software Design and Architecture
- Network Penetration Testing
- Embedded and IoT Security Analysis
- Cloud Security
- SSDLC and DevSecOps
- Familiarity with software attack and exploitation techniques
- Understanding of common web application security issues i.e., OWASP Top 10 and SANS Top 25
- Command of defensive programming concepts and security countermeasures
- Experience with one or more software programming languages and frameworks
- Experience performing manual penetration testing
- Proficiency in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks, completing them independently, and meeting delivery timelines
- Bonus: experience in a customer-facing role
- Written communication skills applicable to preparing formal documentation, white papers, and case studies
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts and present to both technical and non-technical audiences
Our business is our experts. Our reputation as one of the leading software security consulting firms is the direct result of the expertise, diligence, and excellence of our consulting team. In fact, Synopsys Software Integrity Group was named a leader in 2020 in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing in recognition of our vision and ability to execute. Our ideal applicants would be at home in a collaborative and vibrant culture. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.
Software Security Consulting