The Accountant Analyst/Specialist is responsible for the analysis, preparation, maintenance, reporting and data integrity of assigned monthly financial statement entities and components as well as other associated financial activities. In addition, each Accountant G* Analyst/Specialist is responsible for at least one specialty duty as outlined within the Specialty Activities Essential Job Functions section below.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Four (4) years of Carle accounting, financial systems or analysis experience at a Senior Accountant level or equivalent OR Five (5) years of relevant healthcare experience at a Senior Accountant level or equivalent capacity OR Seven (7) years of relevant non-healthcare experience at a Senior Accountant level or equivalent capacity.
Candidates should possess solid communication, organizational, and technical skills including effective knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The position also requires a high degree of professional collaboration in a team environment including project management skills. Candidates will be proven self-starters that take initiative and work independently with little supervision. Candidates must also demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- This position functions as a mini-controller for various entities, segments or activities of the Carle organization. Mini-Controller responsibilities include performing all applicable analysis and Accounting functions for the position's respective Carle entities, segments or activities. Key accounting responsibilities and activities are described below.
- Additionally, this responsibility includes being a liaison/resource for the management team of the mini-controller's respective entities, segments or activities.
- Establish and maintain significant accounting estimates - such as contractual reserves, charity reserves, bad debt reserves and other estimated liabilities and receivables for their respective entities, segments and activities.
- Generate appropriate monthly revenue, expense and other required accounting judgments and accruals.
- Maintain accurate financial records through effective review, validation, substantiation and auditing of source or incoming financial data to ensure its integrity for accurate financial transaction recording and accurate financial reporting.
- Perform timely reconciliation activities in order to assure accurate financial transactions and financial reporting for their respective entities, segments and activities.
- Continually assess and enhance internal controls to ensure parameters are in place to minimize financial transaction and reporting risk and improprieties.
- Analyze financial transactions, performance and results for their respective entities, segments and activities in order to provide enhanced understanding to the management team responsible for those areas as well as to inform finance and administrative management team members.
- Provide assistance with annual operating and capital budget development and analyze and interpret monthly operating performance variance results for their respective entities, segments and activities.
- Analyze and compile information required to support annual non-profit and for-profit tax return reporting for their respective entities, segments and activities.
- Coordinate and provide assistance to both internal and external auditors for their assigned entities, segments and activities.
- Provide assistance and support for shared service and cost accounting needs for their respective entities, segments and activities.
- Analyze and provide assistance with business plans, initiatives and pro-forma financial projections for their respective entities, segments and activities.
- Responsible for at least one of the following "specialty" accounting duties: 3rd party cost report data compilation; contract accounting administration and billing; research and grant accounting; HSIL insurance activities; medical education activities; reimbursement analysis; revenue cycle reporting and/or modeling; cost accounting and shared services support activities; labor productivity reporting; sales and use tax activities; external leases and internal rent; investment activities; debt obligations; philanthropic activities; and community benefit reporting. May also assist with non-assigned specialty areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. | For more information: email@example.com.
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or religious exemption will be permitted. With an approved exemption, healthcare workers must do weekly testing and verify a negative COVID-19 test.