Sr. Mgr, Hardware NPI
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale
Job Description and Requirements
Sr. Manager, Hardware NPI
The Sr. Manager, Hardware NPI will manage processes for emerging EDA hardware products and technology. The Manufacturing Product Engineering team works with partner teams in early design stages and develops processes to launch and sustain manufacturing for complex EDA equipment. This role will work closely with Project teams in setting and managing processes at multiple phases of development. The role will have visibility and ownership across functional areas (materials, assembly, test, component engineering, and CM management). The role collaborates with leadership and stakeholders to develop, drive best practices in product development and NPI.
- Work with Program Management and NPI teams in supporting the development of NPI processes and managing NPI builds at different phases of the development cycle.
- Collaborate with project teams in developing manufacturing strategy to ensure timely completion in line with project milestones.
- Lead scheduling, budgeting, resource planning and risk planning in Manufacturing for NPI Projects.
- Perform design for manufacturability/testability reviews for new products
- Provide manufacturing and technical leadership for contract manufacturers and act as liaison between contract manufacturers and R&D
- Provide leadership to R&D on component selection and enforce design policies
- Communicate build status, schedule progress and key project metrics with core team and senior management.
- Develop process documentation (assembly procedures, test procedures, BOMs, process flows
- Train and lead team to optimize the execution of builds. Identify improvement opportunities and initiate new processes and methods that will improve safety, product quality, and/or efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 10+ years in manufacturing or manufacturing engineering; including NPI experience.
- Experience in complex electronics manufacturing environments and products
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Program management skills
- Proven leadership skills with strong written and verbal communication skills to work internally and externally at all levels of an organization
- Proficient with data collection, data analysis, root cause analysis and use of metrics.
- Fluent in lifecycle management systems, MRP, and SAP
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills; Familiarity with Linux scripting
- Advanced Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Operations engineering
- Direct experience with introduction and support of EDA hardware systems
- In-depth experience with Design for Manufacturing, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- Well versed in Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement principles & techniques
- Experience with SAP ERP software; Manufacturing execution systems.
- Experience in Innovation, Development, Testing and Qualification as related to New Product Introduction and experience leading NPI teams
Synopsys has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.