medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, vision insurance, vacation time, paid holidays, sick time, 403(b), retirement plan, hybrid
Who We Are
*This recruitment is to establish an applicant pool for future vacancies. Individuals will be contacted as vacancies occur.
Tacoma Community College (TCC) is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 14,000 students. We embrace our identity as a community college. Our stated mission is to create meaningful and relevant learning, inspire greater equity, and celebrate success in our lives and in our communities. We are recognized nationally as an Achieving the Dream "Leader College," and our faculty are engaged in innovative work to improve student retention and program completion. According to the Community College Survey of Student Engagement, TCC ranks high on measures of active learning and academic challenge, thanks to our creative and scholarly faculty. To grow this workforce, we seek to recruit faculty who exemplify similar attributes:
- Reflects the diversity of our community,
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching,
- Honors the campus mission promoting equitable access to educational opportunities,
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for underrepresented populations,
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others, and
- Engages with the community both within and outside of TCC.
For information on Tacoma and the surrounding area:
This position will assist the Head Coach to train and collegiate athletes to represent the College at the intercollegiate level of competition.
- Teach the fundamentals of the sport.
- Teach physical conditioning relative to the sport.
- Develop training codes and ensure enforcement
- Recruit within the rules and regulations of the NWAC Conference.
- Transport the team to events as required.
- Be knowledgeable regarding conference rules.
- Encourage and demonstrate good sportsmanship at all times.
- Assist with meal money distribution and signature lists.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
- Two (2) years of successful instruction/coaching experience in high school or college -OR- four (4) years participation in a sport at the college level.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check.
- Valid Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR Certification. (Must obtain prior to first day of employment.)
- Current, valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Ethics and integrity and sound professional judgment.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills; including establishing, building, and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Understanding of and commitment to NWAC intercollegiate rules and regulations.
- Availability to attend practice and games. Punctual with regular attendance.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with college faculty and staff.
- Knowledge of Title IX.
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College online application.
- Cover letter and Resume.
Terms of Employment
This part-time coaching position is bound by the
provisions above and is scheduled to work through the sport season. Hours will vary to meet the demands of the department. The seasonal contract stipend for the coaching position is dependent on the season. This appointment includes evenings, weekends and travel assignments. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet the needs of the department. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse. TCC Part-time hourly and student employees including work study students, will accrue one hour of paid sick leave for every 40 hours worked. Hourly non-student employees may be applicable for comprehensive health care benefits package for you and your dependents includes medical, dental and vision insurance. Life and long- term disability insurance plans and retirement benefits are also provided. For more information, please visit our employment page/employment benefits:
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title VII and Title IX, Building 14, 253-566-5055; Dr. Davi Kallman, Section 504 Officer, Building 7, 253-566-5157.
This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466