Senior Software Engineer
USA - California - Mountain View/Sunnyvale, USA - Massachusetts - Burlington
Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys Software Integrity Group helps organizations build secure, high-quality software, minimizing risks while maximizing speed and productivity. Synopsys, a recognized leader in application security, provides static analysis, software composition analysis, and dynamic analysis solutions that enable teams to quickly find and fix vulnerabilities and defects in proprietary code, open source components, and application behavior. With a combination of industry-leading tools, services, and expertise, only Synopsys helps organizations maximize security and quality in DevSecOps and throughout the software development life cycle. For more information, go to www.synopsys.com/software .
We are looking for an experienced developer to join our Central Integration team. You will work with a team of enthusiastic and effective software engineers, building solutions to integrate Synopsys' state-of-the-art products, including Coverity static analysis & Black Duck software composition analysis into customer environments. We are evolving the way secure and quality software is delivered. You will have the ability to contribute to the growth of the business and to expand your knowledge and skills, working with the Software Integrity Group's many products.
Senior Software Engineer
The ideal candidate is experienced with software development and design, has solid architecture skills, strives to produce quality code (code isn't finished until it is tested!), enjoys delivering a great user experience that solves real world problems, and thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
- Provide feedback on code and architectural approaches implemented by the team
- Collaborate with the engineering and UX team to drive key design outcomes, document / communicate architectural expectations and ensuring alignment
- Design, implement and drive features to completion
- Investigate and fix product issues reported by customers
- Participate in agile scrum team activities (daily stand ups, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming)
- Provide technical leadership to the development team
Nice to have
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field/degree
- 5+ years of development experience
- Experience in architecture/design and in writing technical specs,
- Java development experience
- Solid object-oriented development and design skills
- Experience with Mac, Windows, and/or Linux platforms
- Comfortable using command line
Cloud experience (docker, Kubernetes, could deployment, horizontal scaling, zero downtime updates
What's in it for you?
- Experience with other SQL databases and understanding of object-relational mapping frameworks
- Experience with Microservices architecture
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability
- Annual bonuses based on personal, business unit and company performance
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- ESPP program
- Employee referral bonuses
- Educational Assistance
- Insurance (travel, life, short/long-term disability)
- Synopsys is a meritocracy (get rewarded based on merit-produce more, earn more)
- Vibrant team to work with!
- Flexible accommodation for office and home as a workplace