Location : OVERLAND PARK, KS, United States
Job Family : Finance/Economics
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Apr 18, 2022
Job ID : 30625
Back to Search Results
Apply Now >
Save Job Job Saved
The Accounting Analyst demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals. Position involves the development of budgets, forecasts, cost information and financial control.
- The responsibility requires a close working relationship with all departments to accomplish objectives
- Support the development and preparation of annual budgets
- Support the preparation of monthly financial forecasts and budget reconciliations
- Initiates reports as required by divisional and corporate accounting on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provides local management with financial and statistical information to enable them to better control operations.
- Responsible for Prepaid Assets, Customer Deposits and Intercompany accounts payable/receivable.
- Update accounts payable vendor bank details to ensure payments process without error.
- Instrumental in month end recording of various journal vouchers
- Perform and review account reconciliations ensuring reporting accuracy and compliance
- Recommend and record necessary accounting adjustments
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, review and recommend changes.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting internally and externally
- Performs fixed asset inventory
- Manage portions of Parker internal audit and SOX peer review process and prepares PBC schedules for internal audit, External audit, and UK Statutory audit
- Provide technical direction to peer groups regarding functionality and administration of accounting systems
- Define and implement lean process improvements for financial transactions and accounting systems
- Adapt systems and procedures to be compliant with a changing environment
- Ensure supplementary data is available to meet reporting requirements
- Various special projects as needed
- Performs job duties across three divisions/reporting units and six legal entities Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- At least 3 years of experience in a financial position
- Effective analytical and data entry skills including a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present complex financial data
- Oracle system knowledge
- Cost accounting knowledge
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation skills Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin. Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations. ("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
Save Job Job Saved