Location : IRVINE, CA, United States
Job Family : Accounting/Auditing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : May 8, 2022
Job ID : 30402
Back to Search Results
Apply Now >
Save Job Job Saved
Parker Aerospace Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner. Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker's success.
Come join the Parker Aerospace Team!
- We believe in the importance of work life integration and support a 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule (AWS) as well as hybrid virtual work arrangements.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement per calendar year as well as education benefits.
- Work hard, play hard! We enjoy celebrating our employees for all that they do. You can look forward to various social committee activities throughout the year including an End-of-Year BBQ, Halloween Contest, Holiday Party, etc.
- Dress for your Day - we offer flexibility in your options for work attire including being able to wear jeans throughout the work week.
- We offer competitive vacation and 13 paid holidays - enjoy time off with family and friends during the company-wide holiday shut down at the end of the year.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a free, confidential service provided to employees and their family members to help deal with any personal problems at work or at home.
- Grab a bite to eat at the on-site cafeteria that provides a wide array of breakfast, lunch and snacks. We also have a mini mart on the production floor as well as vending machines on all floors if you need to satisfy a sugar craving.
- Stay healthy with wellness! Earn rewards for participating in health and emotional wellbeing challenges, receive an annual biometric screening, and enjoy access to our basketball hoops, a volleyball court, and baseball field.
- Employee discounts on various services (car purchases, computer purchases, life adventures, etc.)
- 401(k) with a 5% matching contribution with immediate investing in addition to a 3% RIA match (overall 8% company match)!
- Competitive annual bonus incentive plan. Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Refer a family member or friend and receive a generous award for referrals that are hired (up to $4,000)! POSITION TITLE - CSO, LOCATION, STATE
Applies principles of accounting to analyze diverse and complex financial information and prepares financial reports. Responsible for the accuracy, integrity, control and timeliness of financial reports, analyses, systems, and processes. May specialize in specific accounting areas such as power-by-hour contracts' accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, planning, and forecasting.
Works with all operational units, corporate/staff and select third parties in ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures while maintaining accounting controls. Responsibilities
- Participates in the month end close process, including journal vouchers, account reconciliations and report reviews & analysis
- Compiles and analyzes diverse and complex account information to provide management with accounting information necessary to make business decisions
- Works with accounting team and team leaders in annual budget and plan process
- Supports all accounting-related audits, including compliance, internal, external & SOX
- Maintains accounting controls by auditing compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Writes and recommends procedures
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems
- May lead or be assigned to a special project team.
- Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
- Experience in government accounting a plus
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills a must Qualifications
- Bachelors degree (BS) in Accounting. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, laws, and regulations, including Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement principles and techniques.
- Proficient with automated accounting systems, spreadsheet applications, and internet/intranet communications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex financial reports. Ability to prepare detailed reports, graphs, presentations, and business correspondence. Ability to respond to questions from management and customers; respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.
Save Job Job Saved